Currently, the Freegal app for iPhone/iPod will only play music through the Freegal Music Player. If you download your three songs from the App, you have two weeks to download again via computer.
The best way to integrate into your iTunes music library is to download via computer. Follow these steps:
1. Create a folder (example: Freegal Downloads).
2. Save downloads to this folder and do not delete these files. DO NOT select Open with iTunes. Though it may seem to be the most reasonable choice since you want the music in iTunes, but this will only work temporarily.
3. Open iTunes
4. Select File, then Add to Library
5. Just like opening a file, find your Freegal Downloads file and then select the file you want to import into iTunes. It will import the file and album artwork. If you do iTunes matching, it will put it on all of your devices. It will save into iCloud, as well.
6. DO NOT delete any of the songs in your Freegal Downloads folder. If you do that, iTunes will not have a file to play. It does not import in the traditional sense that the whole file comes over to iTunes.
7. If these steps are followed, the songs are yours to keep and play indefinitely.
CARROLL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY | 136 COURT STREET, CARROLLTON, KY 41008
PHONE: 502 - 732 - 7020 | FAX: 502 - 732 - 7122
MONDAY, TUESDAY & THURSDAY: 9:30AM TO 8:00PM
WEDNESDAY: 8:30AM TO 7:00PM
FRIDAY - SATURDAY: 9:30AM TO 5:00PM
© 2013 CCPL Browser and system compatibility.